Let PartWorks be your Industrial Concierge™ for 3D scanning, reverse engineering, 3D design, prototyping and manufacturing of precision metal and plastic parts and tools. We combine innovative technology and deep manufacturing expertise with production capabilities in 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Injection Molding, and Metal Fabrication. Let us help you with your most challenging project.
From design and prototyping to sourcing and production, PartWorks covers all the bases for low volume, quick-turn metal and plastic parts, speeding your time-to-market, and nailing your quality and budget requirements. We help you:
- Accelerate Innovation and Product Prototyping and Development
- Respond to Supply Chain Shortages
- Produce Low Volume Spare and MRO Parts
- Make Replacement Molds or Bridge Tooling
PartWorks embodies the American spirit of hard work, innovation and a “can do” attitude. Our commitment to integrity, operational excellence, innovation and superior customer service is in our DNA as a startup subsidiary of a high-growth U.S. manufacturer with a 30-year track record of success.
Rapid Design, Prototyping and Manufacturing of Metal and Plastic Parts Made in America
PartWorks uses the latest hardware and software tools to create a 3D model of your parts or tools and get you into production. Whether you want to: start with an existing part using 3D scanning hardware, such as the Faro® Edge ScanArm and convert the scanned point cloud into a 3D model using Geomagic® Design X and Control software; start from 2D drawings; or design from scratch in SOLIDWORKS®, Autodesk Inventor®, CATIA®, OnShape® or another leading 3D CAD software package, PartWorks has you covered. Our mechanical engineers not only understand design but manufacturability and can help you get your parts right quickly, getting your parts and tools into production and to market with the desired fit and finish as fast as possible.
3D Scanning & Reverse Engineering
Reverse engineering using 3D scan data is the most efficient way to generate a 3D CAD model from a physical object that has any kind of complex or freeform shape. And 3D laser scanning is much faster and less expensive than traditional measurement techniques. Scan data can be turned into a model representing an as-built shape, or to match original as-designed features – including parametric ones. Or, 3D scanning can be used as the basis to create a next generation design by starting with an existing part. If your part is too large to be laser scanned or requires internal components to be scanned, we have access to a variety of other coordinate measuring (CMM) solutions, including probes, CT scanners and handheld color scanners.
With 3D reverse engineering you can leverage 3D scanning to:
- Obtain CAD data that captures an object’s original design intent
- Design a new part to fit to a legacy part either to manufacture in-house or to better communicate designs to suppliers and partners
- Accurately model performance surfaces
- Update CAD models of your tooling to match shop-floor changes
- Recreate molds either for emergencies or low volume batches
- Redesign a part without manufacturing defects
- Modernize your manufacturing process
- Create a 3D Printed version of your part
High speed 3D scanning has an unbeatable payoff –requiring about ½ the cost and less than 20% of time required in a manual process. Take the example of a moldmaker who needs to re-qualify used molds. Instead of using gauges and instruments to manually measure the mold’s dimensions and locations, PartWorks can take a 3D scan of each mold and perform detailed iterative inspections, then provide reports and final documentation that exponentially expedites the parts’ production.
3D CAD Design
Our 3D CAD Design capabilities cover all aspects of your product development process with a seamless, integrated workflow—design, verification, sustainable design, communication and data management. Designers and engineers can span multiple disciplines with ease, shortening the design cycle, increasing productivity and delivering innovative products to market faster.
Our team of experts can work with files from almost any 3D CAD Design software platform, including:
- Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS
- Autodesk® Inventor®
- PTC® Creo
- Dassault Systèmes CATIA
- Onshape, the new collaborative, cloud-based 3D Design platform from the founders of SOLIDWORKS
We can import/export to a wide variety of other formats including STEP, ACIS, JT, IGES, STL, and Parasolid.
It’s our mission to help you quickly transform new ideas into great products, regardless of the 3D CAD tool you use. Given our manufacturing heritage, we understand how to design parts that can be produced with the utmost precision and consistent quality. Then we handle the sourcing, finding the best fit manufacturing option — including point of origin to your specs, including of course, a Made in America option. And we will help guide you on the tradeoffs between cost, quality and speed.
With 3D CAD Design, PartWorks helps you quickly design a part from scratch or redesign an existing part to take advantage of 3D printing or other new manufacturing technologies, speed up product development, reduce manufacturing costs, and improve product quality and reliability.
We make every effort to have parts made in America. In fact, we have developed relationships with leading U.S. plastic and metal manufacturers in virtually every category: including 3D printing, CNC machining, plastic injection molding, investment casting, plastic and metal extrusion, metal stamping, and precision sheet metal and fabrication in all media.
We work with a wide range of materials including aluminum, stainless steel, alloy steel, carbon steel, and a variety of plastics including ABS, Polycarbonate, ABS/PC Blend, Ultem, Nylon and more.
Our extensive network, supported by our cloud-based sourcing platform, combined with our in-house capabilities gives us the broadest possible range of options to help find you the right manufacturing partner.
We’d love to help you accelerate your time-to-market and lower your costs for the design and sourcing of your most critical parts. Contact us today to discuss your needs or request a quote on a specific part or project..
With 3D Printing, PartWorks provides quick turnaround on high quality plastic and metal parts for commercial and industrial applications.
Our 3D Printing service produces custom prototypes and functional, end-use parts as quickly as nextday or on a schedule that balances budget with urgency. We offer three advanced processes — stereolithography (SL), selective laser sintering (SLS) and direct metal laser sintering (DMLS) — that can build both plastic and metal parts. Whether small parts with precise geometries or large, highly detailed patterns are needed, our 3D Printing service provides designers and engineers another quick-turn option during product development.
Benefits of 3D Printing
- Get your parts as fast as one day
- No tax for design complexity
- No tooling to buy
- Facilitates rapid iteration, shorter product lifecycles
- Produce parts on demand, eliminate inventory
- Customize each part
We work with a wide range of additive manufacturing materials, including clear, rubberlike and biocompatible photopolymers, and tough high-performance thermoplastics. This variety helps you maximize the benefits of 3D Printing. FDM technology works with production-grade thermoplastics to build tough, durable parts that are accurate, repeatable and stable over time. You can 3D print prototypes or production parts in familiar materials like ABS, PC, ABS/PC blends and high-performance ULTEM 1010 and ULTEM 9085. Or for fine detail along with product realism, Polyjet photopolymers may be considered.
We offer CNC machining on 3-axis, 4-axis and 5-axis platforms, mills and lathes so we can deliver quick turnaround for prototypes, parts and master patterns for critical tolerance applications. Our advanced technology rapidly analyzes your 3D models and programs our CNC machines to produce your parts exactly as designed.
Speed and quality guide our CNC machining service. At PartWorks, we manufacture parts quickly, but with high quality standards. We use engineering-grade plastic and metal materials for improved selection, part functionality and cosmetic appearance.
Our network of manufacturers can deliver 3-axis, 4-axis and 5-axis milling solutions. And the turning process can include live tooling to create off-axis holes, flats, slots and grooves. With our strong manufacturing heritage, you can rest assured that the parts we deliver can be used as high-quality prototypes, jigs, fixtures, one-offs or in end-use applications.
PartWorks injection molding service offers custom prototypes and low-volume part production from engineering-grade thermoplastic, metal and liquid silicone rubber (LSR) materials to meet your schedule and budget. It’s often used for quick-turn manufacturing from a prototype up to 10,000 or more plastic parts and as bridge tooling before moving to large-scale manufacturing. We can make either single cavity or multiple cavity molds using aluminum or steel depending on volume, lead-time and other factors.
Our injection molding services encompass:
- Plastic Injection Molding
Our quick-turn thermoplastic injection molding is often used for prototyping, bridge tooling and short-run manufacturing.
- Metal Injection Molding
MIM is a tried and true metalworking process for molding relatively small metal parts.
- Liquid Silicone Rubber Molding
LSR parts are strong and elastic with excellent thermal, chemical and electrical resistance. This thermoset process mixes a two-component compound together, which is then heat cured in the mold with a platinum catalyst to produce a final part.
- Magnesium Injection Molding
Also as known as thixomolding, magnesium injection molding is an established manufacturing process that produces strong, lightweight magnesium parts that maintain detailed features and thin walls.
We can accommodate a wide variety of materials including thermoplastic, metal and liquid silicone rubber (LSR). Along with plastic, we can mold small or large quantities of steel, stainless steel, magnesium and LSR parts.
From plastic to metals, to LSR, let PartWorks handle the design and sourcing of your injection molded parts. Contact us today to discuss your needs or request a quote.
Metal Fabrication and Stamping
Working with our parent company, Phoenix Stamping Group, we offer a wide range of stamped, fabricated and welded sheet metal products and a growing number of tube and wire rod products in-house.
Our extensive partner network rounds out the full range of metal stamping and fabrication solutions from the tiniest spring to the heaviest gauge carbon steel, with solutions including casting, extrusion, forging, heat treatment, hydroforming, welding and finishing processes including powder coating, polishing, plating, silk screening and painting.
Our commitment to quality, innovation and service is inherited from our parent company, Phoenix Stamping Group, who has honored these same ideals for nearly 30 years.
Aerospace and defense designers and engineers rely on PartWorks to 3D scan parts and custom tooling, then reverse engineer them into 3D models for reproduction or redesign using their favorite3D CAD tool, like CATIA and SOLIDWORKS.
From wind tunnel models to fixtures to production parts, PartWorks is your single source for 3D scanning & reverse engineering, 3D CAD design, prototyping and manufacturing of metal and plastic parts.
Our extensive network of U.S. and global manufacturing partners has expertise in 3D Printing, CNC machining, plastic injection molding and metal stamping and fabrication. And we understand your need to meet development deadlines while controlling costs.
For example, we can use a FARO® Edge ScanArm coordinate measuring machine (CMM) to precisely scan jigs, fixtures, check gauges and even machine replacement parts into a 3D point cloud that can be reverse engineered into a 3D model in virtually any leading commercial or open format. From there, you (or we) have the option to reproduce or reengineer the part using your favorite 3DCAD software. For precision prototyping that includes rigid, rubberlike and clear materials, our aerospace and defense customers often leverage 3D printing technology. Or you may choose to produce the tools or parts using more traditional methods like CNC milling or machining.
We’re ready to be your “go-to” provider for scanning, reproduction, redesign, concept modeling, prototyping, and production of metal and plastic tools and parts. Contact us today to discuss your needs or request a quote.
The automotive industry demands precision prototyping of rugged tools and parts, and PartWorks delivers. We help engineers and designers quickly and economically build durable concept models, prototypes, tooling and low-volume production parts — so they can work more iteratively, test more thoroughly and move confidently into production.
PartWorks is your single source for 3D scanning, 3D CAD design, reverse engineering, prototyping and manufacturing of metal and plastic parts. Our extensive network of U.S. and global manufacturing partners has expertise in 3D Printing, CNC machining, plastic injection molding and metal stamping and fabrication. Better yet, we understand the need for speed – getting to market quickly – while controlling costs.
For example, we can use FARO® Edge ScanArm portable coordinate measuring machine (CMM) to precisely scan jigs, fixtures, check gauges and even machine replacement parts into a 3D point-cloud that can be reverse engineered into a 3D model in virtually any leading commercial or open format. From there, you (or we) have the option to reproduce or reengineer the part using your favorite 3D CAD software that can be 3D printed. Or you may choose to produce the tools or parts using more traditional methods like CNC milling or machining. From 3D printed car dashboards to truck fenders and metal fittings, PartWorks can help. Our unique combination of custom part design and sourcing services lets you reliably reduce time-to-market with lower cost and higher quality.
PartWorks helps energy companies shorten both development and retooling timelines with rapid design and sourcing of custom metal and plastic parts. With our support, your engineers can reduce time-to-market and gain agility – while keeping costs in check.
For prototyping, whether you have a part you want reproduce, redesign, or design from scratch, our 3D scanning, reverse engineering and 3D CAD design services will help you model the specifications of the parts you need. We can work with you to explore the 3D print production parts like fuel nozzles and submersible pumps as energy exploration moves into more extreme environments like ultra deep-water or the Arctic.
For sourcing your more conventional tooling, MRO and spare parts, we have relationships with leading U.S. plastic and metal manufacturers in every major category: including 3D printing, CNC machining, plastic injection molding, investment casting, plastic and metal extrusion, metal stamping, and precision sheet metal and fabrication in all media. We serve as your industrial concierge, using our extensive network, supported by our cloud-based sourcing platform, to make it ourselves or find you the right manufacturing partner.
From designing new machine components to 3D scanning and reproducing critical replacement parts no longer in production, PartWorks can help improve the profitability of your upstream assets. If the part you need is too large to 3D print, we can help you with traditional metal stamping and fabrication.
Industrial products require durable parts with economical designs. PartWorks can help. With our unique combination of design and sourcing services your designers and engineers can reduce time-to-market and gain agility – while keeping costs in check.
From a design standpoint, whether you have a part you want reproduce, redesign, or design from scratch, our 3D scanning, reverse engineering and 3D CAD design services will help you model the specifications of the parts you need.
For the sourcing, we have relationships with leading U.S. and global plastic and metal manufacturers in virtually every category: including 3D printing, CNC machining, plastic injection molding, investment casting, plastic and metal extrusion, metal stamping, and precision sheet metal and fabrication in all media. We use our extensive network, supported by a cloud-based sourcing platform, to make it ourselves or find you the right manufacturing partner.
For example, we can use FARO® Edge portable coordinate measuring machine (CMM) to precisely scan jigs, fixtures, check gauges and even machine replacement parts into a 3D point-cloud that can be reverse engineered into a 3D model in virtually any leading commercial or open format. From there, you (or we) have the option to reproduce or reengineer the part using your favorite 3D CAD software that can be 3D printed. Or you may choose to produce the tools or parts using more traditional methods like CNC milling or machining.
Are you an inventor with a great product idea? Let PartWorks help you bring your idea to life. We can start from a picture on a napkin, patent drawings or by reverse engineering a similar product. First, we’ll build a 3D model of your product, then tweak it and build 3D printed prototypes until it’s perfect. From there, we’ll help you source the production to hit your target cost, delivery dates and country of origin, whether it’s Made in the USA or anywhere in the world. We’re your industrial concierge, taking care of the whole process, using technology to work faster and smarter to deliver you the best possible product. Being part of a 30-year-old manufacturing company means you can trust us to design your product to scale, whether you plan to sell a hundred units or a million.
Get started now by sending us your information here!
In the medical and dental industries, innovation impacts patients’ lives. PartWorks is proud to help doctors, dentists, researchers and medical device manufacturers to work fast, test thoroughly and personalize their treatments like never before.
From surgical guides and prototypes to custom devices, PartWorks is your single source for 3D scanning, 3D CAD design, prototyping and manufacturing of metal and plastic parts for quick delivery. And our expansive network of U.S. and global manufacturing partners has expertise in 3D printing, CNC machining, plastic injection molding and metal stamping and fabrication.
We produce custom prototypes and functional, end-use medical device parts and prosthetics/orthotics as quickly as next day or on a schedule that balances budget with urgency. And our rapid prototyping can increase speed to market for device and component manufacturers.
Let us shorten response time while lowering your costs for the design and sourcing of your custom parts or other medical and dental solutions. Contact us today to discuss your needs or request a quote.
PartWorks helps movie production and other entertainment companies bring their ideas to life. As your industrial concierge for 3D scanning& reverse engineering, 3D CAD design, 3D Printing, reproduction, prototyping and manufacturing of metal and plastic parts, we help meet tight deadlines while controlling costs.
In a business where a prop is custom and can be quite extraordinary, PartWorks offers quick, reliable response and premium service. We specialize in low volume, highly engineered projects. That’s why special effects studios, filmmakers, Broadway shows and production and prop houses use our services for some of their most demanding projects.
We tap into our extensive network, supported by our sourcing platform, to make it ourselves or find you the right manufacturing partner. Our partners have manufacturing expertise in metal stamping and fabrication, CNC machining, 3D Printing and plastic injection molding.
Our most recent project for a cable channel production features tight shots of a reproduced historic item that was 3D scanned in partnership with a 3D printing company. We completed the project in a very rapid turnaround time of 4 days, including going on-location to the library where the historical item was on display. The final product was so realistic, the actors didn’t realize it was a reproduction. We’re still under embargo, so please contact us, and we’ll be happy to share the details privately. Let us help you meet your incredibly tight deadlines while managing your costs for the design and sourcing of your props and custom tooling and parts. Contact us today to discuss your needs or request a quote.
The PartWorks Blog
PartWorks Helps Inventors Realize Their Dreams by Designing, Prototyping and Manufacturing Their Products
Digital Manufacturing Delivers Improved Product Design, Durability and Scalability with 3D Modeling, 3D Printing and 3D Laser Scanning Atlanta, GA – June 27, 2016 – PartWorks, a rapid digital manufacturer of low volume metal, plastic and wood parts, is helping...read more
Atlanta, GA – December 9, 2015 – PartWorks, a rapid digital manufacturer of low volume metal and plastic parts, announces its Industrial Concierge™ service for designing, prototyping and manufacturing props for the movie industry. With this new service for 3D scanning...read more
Press Release: PartWorks Launches Digital Manufacturing Service to Rapidly Design and Produce Low Volume Parts and Tooling
Atlanta, GA – November 9, 2015 – PartWorks, a new rapid digital manufacturer of low volume metal and plastic parts, announced the official launch of its Industrial Concierge™ service to help companies bring products to life from design through manufacturing, whether...read more
PartWorks is your Industrial Concierge™. We can help you design, redesign, source and manufacture virtually any plastic or metal tool, fixture or part. And we’re a subsidiary of a real manufacturing company. Here is the view of our shop floor at one of our facilities from our office:
Made in America
PartWorks embodies the American spirit of hard work, innovation and a “can do” attitude, and is committed to the Made in America movement. We will make every effort to source your parts within your budget and time requirements in our home state of Georgia, and in the U.S. At your request, we will match your requirements to the ideal manufacturer across our entire global network.
Simply put, PartWorks will do what we say, and say what we’ll do. Earning your trust on your first order and every subsequent order is of the utmost importance to us.
We will use the latest reliable technology and processes to design, reverse engineer and source your parts.
Scott Geller, CEO
Scott has been the Founder / CEO of three manufacturing technology startups prior to joining PartWorks.
- 2order was an innovator in the sales configuration market, powering the sales of market leaders like Bell Helicopter, Gulfstream Aerospace, Carrier, Morgan, and Dresser-Rand before being sold to a public company, now part of Oracle.
- Mr. Geller was also the CEO of Invistics, an innovator in applying lean manufacturing techniques and software to high mix and process industries for companies like Bristol-Myers Squibb and CP Kelco;
- He is the Founder of BSD, an ERP and Shop Floor Automation custom software developer and systems integrator working hand-in-hand for nearly a decade with dozens of make-to-order manufacturers of a wide range of products from outdoor furniture to high end boats to aftermarket auto parts to industrial pumps.
- Scott earned a bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School and a master’s degree in Computer Science from UC San Diego.
- He is very active in the community, and in 2000 was the Co-founder and first CEO of TechBridge a nonprofit that has helped hundreds of Atlanta nonprofits and thousands worldwide use technology to serve their missions more effectively.
Brandyn Chapman, Founder and Chairman
- Brandyn is the Chairman of PartWorks and CEO of parent company Phoenix Stamping Group, a U.S. manufacturer of metal parts that has grown sales more than 5x over the past 10 years under his leadership. He joined the company in 2001 and has diversified sales by expanding into new markets like automotive aftermarket parts, while investing millions of dollars in capital improvements and cutting operating costs significantly by implementing lean manufacturing techniques.
- He founded PartWorks with a vision of helping manufacturers make tools and manufacture parts more efficiently by taking advantage of 3D scanning and reverse engineering technology, as well as 3D CAD Design software and cloud-based sourcing platforms.
- Mr. Chapman served proudly in the United States military for five years including a tour in the elite 75th Ranger Regiment;
- Brandyn graduated from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point with a bachelor of science in Management, and earned a masters of business administration from Emory University.
- Brandyn has been an active member of the Entrepreneur’s Organization since 2006 and has served on the Boards of the National Association of Trailer Manufacturers and Junior Achievement.
Jim Blanchard, Advisor
- Jim Blanchard is Chairman of the Jordan-Blanchard Capital, LLC advisory board and has served in this capacity since August 2011. Until retiring in 2006, he served as Chairman and CEO of Synovus Financial Corp, a more than $32 billion, multi-financial services company that provides a diverse set of products and services that touch people around the world. His tenure spanned the periods of greatest growth and prosperity in the company’s history, which dates back to 1888. Jim has long been an outspoken advocate of servant leadership, and fostered a culture at Synovus that places special emphasis on balancing work with the rest of life.In 1999, Synovus was selected #1 on the list of “The 100 Best Companies to Work for” in America by FORTUNE magazine, and has been recognized in its Hall of Fame for consecutive appearances on the list since its inception in 1998. In 2005, Synovus was also named as one of “America’s Most Admired Companies.”
- He also played an instrumental role in establishing Total System Services, Inc. (TSYS) in 1983, which now provides payments processing for more than 416 million cardholder accounts worldwide.
- Mr. Blanchard served as a Director of BellSouth Corporation from 1994 until the company was acquired by AT&T in 2006 and then served as a Director of AT&T from 2006-2015.
- Jim earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from The University of Georgia in 1963, and earned his law degree from The University of Georgia in 1965.
Gunby Garrard, Advisor
Gunby J. Garrard is the President of Jordan-Blanchard Capital, LLC. In 2003, Mr. Garrard established Jordan Capital to oversee a portfolio of privately managed investments, and in 2008, became a Managing Member of Jordan Capital AM, LLC. Prior to joining The Jordan Company in 2003, Mr. Garrard was employed by Total System Services, Inc. where he focused the majority of his efforts in their corporate strategy group.
- Mr. Garrard serves on the Board of Directors for The Jordan Company, Phoenix Stamping Group, LLC, Vytron Corporation and Prime Technological Services, LLC. He is also an emeritus member of the University of Georgia Terry College of Business Alumni Advisory Board.
- Mr. Garrard holds a BBA in International Business with a focus in Finance from the University of Georgia and an MBA from Emory University. He is also a graduate of Woodberry Forest School.
Corey Ragsdale, Engineering Manager
- Corey has been the Lead Engineer for several industry leading firms.
- He began his career in the construction industry, working as a field engineer for major roadway and bridge projects.
- He was most recently the Engineering Team Leader for Royston LLC. Royston is the leader in their industry and is a specialized manufacturer of retail display systems, grocery check stands, and convenience store interiors.
- Corey has significant experience in customer-specific product design in a variety of industries, including product designs in wood, metal, plastic and electrical systems.
- He also has many years of experience collaborating with engineering and sourcing teams across the U.S., as well as partners in India, China and South Korea.
- Corey received his Mechanical Engineering degree from Southern Polytechnic State University and has earned an MBA from Mississippi State University.
Join Our Team
6100 Emmanuel Dr., SW
Atlanta, GA 30336.
(470) 231-PART (7278)